It turns out that the bikini has a surprisingly long and atomic history; to trace the roots of this iconic bit of swimwear Heather and Dayna head back to ancient Rome and watch women's bathing costumes shrink through the 19th and 20th centuries. Just in time for beach season!
- The History of the Bikini (Elle)
- A Brief History of the Bikini (Slate)
- Beautiful, But (Sometimes) Horrible - A History of Women's Swimwear (Refinery29)
- The Bikini's Inventor Guessed How Much it would Horrify the Public (Smithsonian)
- The Fraught History of Princess Leia's Infamous Bikini (Washington Post)
- Jessica Rey: The Evolution of the Swimsuit (Q Ideas - video)