We're pretty sure you'd be hard-pressed to find someone as brave, accomplished, well-traveled, selfless, business savvy, boundary-pushing, and just generally awesome as Mary Seacole, a Jamaican nurse best-known for pushing her way onto the battlefields of the Crimean War. She fought Cholera with scientific rigour, and refused to let racism stand in the way of her passions. We think you'll end up loving her as much as we do!
- Great Jamaicans: Mary Seacole 1805-1881 (Jamaicans.com)
- Wonderful Adventures of Mrs. Seacole in Many Lands (A Celebration of Women Writers)
- Another Florence Nightingale? The Rediscovery of Mary Seacole (The Victorian Web)
- What can Florence and Mary teach us about nursing today? (Nursing Standard - video)
- Mary Seacole and Florence Nightingale (Hark! A Vagrant - cartoon)