Constance Markievicz might have been born into aristocracy and privilege (and then married a Polish aristocrat...), but she had an unexpected burning passion for the plight of the Irish working class and the cause of Irish Nationalism. And that passion led her to load herself down with as many guns as she could find and take to the streets with her Republican comrades! It also led her to British Parliament, via a prison cell...
Join us for some delightful Christmas lady tidbits! What do Irish women do on January 6th? What's the deal with "Baby It's Cold Outside"? What would feminist carols sound like? Enjoy a little women's history mixed in with your festive celebrations! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all, from Heather and Dayna!
- Little Women's Christmas (Ireland Fun Facts)
- 'Baby It's Cold Outside' was once an anthem for progressive women. What happened? (Washington Post)
- Baby It's Cold Outside - Neptune's Daughter (video)
- Baby It's Cold Outside - Gap commercial (video)
- Baby It's Cold Outside - The Muppets (video)
- Songs From a Christmas Album in Which More Than a Few Aims of Feminism Have Been Achieved (The Toast)