Beatrix Potter is most famous as the creator of a certain blue-jacketed bunny, but her life was so much bigger than Mr. Mcgregor's garden. She defied her parents and upper class British convention to marry well and settle down to a life of tea and drawing rooms - instead she became a shrewd merchandizer of her own work, and ultimately became a huge force for land conservation in the well-worth preserving Lake District. And she was an expert on mushrooms! What more could you ask for in life?
- About Beatrix Potter (PeterRabbit.com)
- Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature (bpotter.com)
- Beatrix Potter and the Lake District (Lake District National Park)
- Beatrix Potter: The Picture Letters (Morgan Library and Museum)
- Beatrix Potter, Mycologist (Brain Pickings)
- Emma Thompson Has Peter Rabbit's Jacket (Tonight Show video)