It's our second annual jingly mish-mash episode, packed full of Christmas and other holiday goodies! How have American First Ladies celebrated over the years? Who is Judith, and what bloody act of courage got her inducted as a Hanukkah staple in the Middle Ages? How do traditional gender roles play out during the holidays? What the heck is a SPUG?? All this and more, in our HOLIDAY SPECIAL!!!! Plus, a promise from Heather and Dayna to get back to a regular posting schedule as soon as possible! Our gift to you, dear listener! Happy Holidays!!
- Christmas Traditions at the White House (White House History)
- Women responsible for more jobs than men at Christmas (The Sun)
- Women abolitionists and Christmas bazaars (Zinn Education Project)
- Judith and the Hanukkah story (Jewish Women's Archive)
- Hogmanay and cultural depictions of drunken women (Sceptical Scot)
- "Spugs" of 1911-13 (Atlas Obscura)